Monday, April 17, 2017

Huwakan ang Inyong pagtitiwala sa Diyos

Happy belated Easter sa Inyong lahat!!!

Easter was pretty normal in the Philippines but getting to share the message that Christ lives and loves us makes every day special. Every day I get to remember that His work is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man and that through His Atonement, all of us can be completely healed -- Ipapagaling ni Jesus lahat ng mga pagsubok natin sa mundo, sometimes not in the way or timing that we want but He is the hope of us all -- Ang Ating Pagasang Walang Hanggan! Gusto ko na mapatotoo sa Inyo na nabuhay siya ulit at nadaig ang kamatayan. He lives and overcame death and is the light of the world -- Ang liwanag ng buong sanlibutan.
Dito sa Pilipinas, I expected that as a missionary somehow I would be different immediately, that somehow I would automatically know how to use my time most effectively, to talk to people and not be afraid, to not be afraid to stand up to other missionaries, and in discerning the needs of my investigators. I wish I was perfect in making and pushing myself in goals, never getting discouraged. Hahahaha I was so naive. Honestly, I've seen so many of my weaknesses and that my skills are not always enough for this job. But I want to become that missionary that can do these things, because it will help me bless others now and make a difference in the future. But it is completely impossible without Christ and the Spirit -- I need direction and strength from the Atonement to accomplish anything. 
How do we rely on the Atonement? Repentance and faith in Christ is key -- pagsisisi at pananampalataya. We have to keep pushing forward and making little changes in our lives little by little -- line upon line, precept upon precept. That's repentence -- it never comes overnight-- even though we wish that we could automatically change overnight. Everything is this world is a process -- whether we are studying or developing some talent or trying to overcome a bad habit or trying to improve in someway or another -- it's all repentence and conversion is no different. I hope that by the end of my mission I will know how to do these things much better. For now, I'm just going to implement Preach my Gospel in my life as best I can and trust God has a plan. I want to be the best missionary I can be even if right now my capacity isn't as large right now as I want it to be.I wish I could understand everyone, work as hard as I can, and be able to speak the way the Savior would.
But I remember one day in college when I decided to run 20 miles before I was in shape for it. I injured myself for months. We cannot run faster than we have strength, God increases our capacity as we push ourselves everyday.
Alma 37: 6-7 -- Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold i say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
It's so easy to get discouraged but we keep teaching people and hope that someday it will all work out!
Cultural note of the week: Easter week is holy week and everyone goes to the beach. It has something to do with healing. School is already out here!

Mahal ko kayo!!! Your prayers sustain me everyday!! And I know that Christ loves us so much no matter what! He will heal us and comfort us even though life is so hard! I have been completely blown away by how difficult life is for many of our investigators. One of my sisters, Sister Rowena, used to be well off with her first husband and went to college and everything, but when he died she was left with nothing. And she and her kids are living in poverty selling handmade clothes. I love her so much. She's so smart and reading the Book of Mormon and books of scripture because she is searching for the truth in her life. I hope she can feel the Spirit so she knows that through Christ and the Book of Mormon she will have the faith and comfort to endure.
Thank you for everything! Love you all!!!! Your emails make my week!! Thanks for making me feel part of your lives kahit na layo-layo ako mula sa inyo! I'm across the world but I still feel like I'm here for you!!
Kita kits tayo sa susunod linggo!
Sister Porter







No comments:

Post a Comment