Monday, August 21, 2017

Itanim mo ang binghi ng pananampalataya

Kumusta po kayo!?!?

This week I learned a lot. I truly think trying our best is opening our mouth to every creature we can reach. I truly do believe that if we do this, that God puts so many people in our path that are ready. Even if something doesn't go the way we plan every exposure to the missionaries and the gospel will leave an impact on people to start preparing their hearts with their first taste of what the Holy Ghost feels like. I will diligently try to talk to everyone I can possibly reach, even when it is hard. I believe that so much.  Our job is very simple: to proclaim the Restoration to everyone and invite them to repent, be baptized, and come unto Christ.

The Abat family is still a work in progress. They really do want to be baptized now as a whole family, but Brother June Abat has work after the first hour of sacrament meeting and doesn't really know if he can change it. We will keep working with them on being converted to the Savior and His gospel and of the blessing of being baptized together as a family with Brother June being able to baptize his wife and children. That would seriously be the most beautiful blessing to see that happen.

We taught Sister Bing Aquitana again too and she really does understand the importance of the Restoration so well. We even got to teach her husband. Sister Bing did a great job at explaining the Restoration to him, but we are going to need to help him understand for himself. She really needs fellowshippers because we feel like she's shy to go to church for the first time by herself.

We met a sweet new investigator named Sister Malexis Timbreza. She's a 20 year old college student that was so excited to talk with us and read the pamplets and the Book of Mormon. We love her already.

I love this work with all my heart and I love the people in my area so much. People here are so kind and selfless and family-oriented and I just love them and wish they would all accept the gospel, because I believe with all my heart that this is the way to know the truth and their purpose and the true gospel in their lives and they all need to hear it. Satan tries so hard to keep missionaries from opening their mouths and I know that I could improve on talking to everyone and always being on the lookout for new investigators. We have greatly improved on that but there is always room for improvement.

Sometimes I feel really weak and inadequate to be a missionary with such a great responsibility that every day I fall short on even when I am trying. I just wish I could see some success and try not to compare myself with other missionaries. But I'm trying to accept God's will for me and will proclaim the gospel to everyone even if the only convert on my mission is going to be myself.

I love the Savior and I love this work. It truly is the way to true happiness for me even when other things don't go the way you plan them to. I am so grateful for an incredible companion who works hard and loves just as hard. She's so patient and kind. I am so grateful to be here in such a wonderful ward, with wonderful members and leaders, a wonderful district, a wonderful people, a wonderful companion.

I've seen progress in my Tagalog too since I've been putting more focus on the Book of Mormon in my life, not just in studies but at all times. I study it every morning and every night, hard. Seriously I believe with all my heart that the gospel has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. He is a prophet of God, and this is the dispensation where we need to proclaim the gospel to EVERYONE. This is the time. There is urgency in our message.

Culture Note:
Most places don't have street addresses. We have places called barrangays which are often compounds of houses. Everyone knows everyone and are happy to help you find people. Families often live in compounds -- from the oldest lola (grandma) to all of the children, grandchildren, aunts and uncles. Usually people are related if they live close. Family is so important here.

I love watching fisherman here with their little canoes and big nets. It reminds me of when Jesus was in Galilee telling Peter and James and John to leave the fish and follow him. We have to leave our nets too to follow our Savior. Leaving the worldly things for something infinitely more worth -- truly a pearl of Great Price.

1 Nephi 19
7 For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet. Yea, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet; I say, trample under their feet but I would speak in other words—they set him at naught, and hearken not to the voice of his counsels.
8 And behold he cometh, according to the words of the angel, in six hundred years from the time my father left Jerusalem.
9 And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

FAVORITE PARABLE OF JESUS CHRIST -- IN JESUS THE CHRIST
Matthew records the Parable of the Tares as immediately following that of the Sower; Mark places it in the same position of sequence a parable found in his writings alone. It is presented in outline form, and by critical expositors would be classed rather as a simple analogy than a typical parable. Read it:

“And he said, so is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.”

We have no record of the disciples asking nor of the Master giving any interpretation of this, or of any later parable. In this story we find effectively illustrated the fact of the vitality of the seed of truth, though the secret processes of its growth be a mystery to all save God alone. A man having planted seed must needs leave it alone. He may tend the field, removing weeds, protecting the plants as best he may, but the growth itself is dependent upon conditions and forces beyond his power to ultimately control. Though it were Paul who planted and Apollos who watered, none but God could insure the increase. The one who sowed may go about his other affairs, for the field does not demand continuous or exclusive attention; nevertheless, under the influences of sunshine and shower, of breeze and dew, the blade develops, then the ear, and in due time the full corn in the ear. When the grain is ripe the man gladly harvests his crop.


The sower in this story is the authorized preacher of the word of God; he implants the seed of the gospel in the hearts of men, knowing not what the issue shall be. Passing on to similar or other ministry elsewhere, attending to his appointed duties in other fields, he, with faith and hope, leaves with God the result of his planting. In the harvest of souls converted through his labor, he is enriched and made to rejoice. This parable was probably directed more particularly to the apostles and the most devoted of the other disciples, rather than to the multitude at large; the lesson is one for teachers, for workers in the Lord’s fields, for the chosen sowers and reapers. It is of perennial value, as truly applicable today as when first spoken. Let the seed be sown, even though the sower be straightway called to other fields or other duties; in the gladsome harvest he shall find his recompense.


No comments:

Post a Comment