Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Good morning!

This week was a little bit harder even though we are continuing to see wonderful things happen in Naguilian. Somethings just didn't work out the way we wished, but I read this scripture in Alma and it really helped. 

22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

I truly love this gospel and feel converted to missionary work. I truly do feel that way. There is nothing I love more in my whole life than seeing souls repent and trust in Christ. That is such a privilege to witness! It isn't to worry about the membership of the church or to be a salesperson or to improve their lives, but it is to SAVE SOULS and bring them to salvation.  There is nothing more serious or more important in the whole wide world and cannot be taken lightly.

But I have to have faith and act and DO IT! I have to have faith that God is preparing souls around us to learn the gospel, especially here in the Philippines Baguio mission where people are so humble and will repent if missionaries are bold in their testimonies of the gospel. That is what saved Nuevo Dumaging. If we hadn't told him he needed to repent and he needed to do it NOW and not little by little, he wouldn't be getting baptized in 2 weeks. Nuevo is a soul prepared for baptism. He is active in the church activities and has the most humble heart. As soon as we tell him a law and tell him to repent, he repents right away and does it no more. Arnold Aljentera is getting ready to be baptized too next month. We had a strong lesson about getting answers through prayer and that he has found the true gospel and someday through his example his family will follow. The Spirit was so strong in that room.

Another thing that happened this week was while we were walking through our area we saw two ladies in their rice fields working and of course we came over to help. They were so so surprised to see two sister missionaries willing to help them in their rice fields. And while we worked we told them about the Restoration. I was so so excited to serve and help and share the gospel.

Prayers would be appreciated to help me have the strength to talk to as many people as possible even when I feel tired in body and spirit and wonder if I can keep going in energy!

If I repent, exercise faith, do good works and pray without ceasing, I will know the mysteries of God and bring 1000s to repentence. It's in the scriptures! It's a promise of God! I can't rest from my labors until the end of my life because souls need to be brought unto him and I'm not truly happy unless I fulfill this commission.

I'm so grateful to be here in Naguilian -- here I've learned the most and love the people here so much. I've really been learning what it looks like to TEACH REPENTANCE and BAPTIZE CONVERTS!!!


Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment