Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Still Working Hard...

We had a lot of interesting experiences this week. We definitely had to handle some rejection this week. But we are not giving up and we are going to focus on finding those who have not heard the gospel and to have a vision of reaching those who are still unreached. We are going to try something that people do in Bacolod mission called Power Hour -- 1 hour of pure finding. We will see if it is effective. I'm also trying to see if a Book of Mormon project is possible again.

I was really inspired by Zone Conference and time and time again it is confirmed to me that my mission president was called of God to preside over this mission. We are really trying to live by his counsel and be more obedient. We are trying to live every rule but sometimes we fall short.  I am going to take Elder Robbins talk to heart -- to proceed from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm. I really want to get more investigators to come to church and to help them change their lives. My desire, truly, is to bring people to Christ. Sister Tobias and I are seeking the Spirit -- the feelings that my mission president describes of feeling at peace and happy, Sister Tobias and I feel. Not perfect -- sometimes I get stressed or want to get something done that doesn't get done, sometimes I forget things, or sometimes I feel like I have a lot of shortcomings -- but I will keep trying my best. I never miss a morning of reading the Book of Mormon and am going to trust in the promise that the Book of Mormon will help us in our physical and spiritual capacities.

Alex and Angel Estofalia were baptized this week. It was such a sweet baptism. Their less-active family came to church and the ward was supportive. The YSA and primary and Sister Tobias and I gave special musical numbers. I think the Estofalia family felt special on Saturday. That baptism was purely given to us be God, not from us. Those two little girls have such a sweet spirit and take their covenant so seriously and showed they were willing to follow and trust their Savior Jesus Christ.

I'm praying to Heavenly Father to help me and we have plans to work as hard as we can and find those we can teach. We are going to visit members with my new companion and ask for referrals.

I'm humbled to be called as a trainer. I feel inadequate, but I promise that I will do my very best and we will be obedient. We will follow the standard of excellence and find the souls that need to be taught. We found someone yesterday, a YSA-age young man, who is ready to hear. He was humbled by hearing about the first vision and offered a sweet prayer at the end to answer him when he prayed on his own later that night. We are excited to follow up with him.

Sister Tobias is a fantastic companion.  I have learned so much here from the members and especially from my companion. Nothing distracts her from her calling and she works so hard to use time wisely and do as much as she can EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment