Monday, July 17, 2017

Ang balis ang panahon! Anim na buwan na ako sa misyon!

Kumusta po?!? Mayong ugto (I'm pretty sure that's bisaya for Good afternoon -- bisaya is the language people speak in the southern islands of the Philippines)

Another seriously insane week. I've seriously been everywhere. We got out of the hospital on Wednesday and Sister Johnson was discharged. But she got misdiagnosed with some other missionaries, and she was in so much pain while I was taking care of her at our apartment. President Bangal had to drive her directly on Thursday night to Manila, and I haven't heard what's happened since. Pray for her! She's had a rough last few weeks. And then my trainer and one of my best friends Sister Agner got transferred to the hospital for an operation. It was so hard to see her in pain in the recovery room, but it was another time where I felt that my calling after my mission is to help other people in the medical field in many places. She got discharged on Saturday, but we took her to San Juan and she's resting now. It was so fun to reminescence on the good old Baguio days hahaha. 

Anyway, I've been all over the place this week. San Juan with one of my new favorite missionaries Sister Barton (her companion had to go to Manila too) and we were SOOOO excited to work we actually cried haha. The youth there LOVE missionary work and refer all their friends -- the baptisms there are all youth and they all want to go on missions. Seriously the work is amazing there. Then I went to San Fernando for a few days with Sister Lopez and Sister Sagers and that was super fun too. But I really have had to fight to work in my area. I've been trying to call for anyhone willing to work with me hahaha. But we got to go to the Abat family and they are so so amazing! They're striving to do good things and worried about not being perfect. I got to tell them that the purpose of this life is to strive follow the Savior's example but we are not going to be perfect in this life. You are ready to be baptized if you're willing to strive to keep the commandments of God and strive to take upon you the name of Christ and rely on His Atonement. They are doing great! I have high hopes for them. And Sister Joy Casugay is a cute 29 year old we've been teaching. She's going to have a baby next month so pray for her. She's had a hard time lately so please pray for her to stay strong and believe!!!!

Talagang something I learned even though not being able to work in my area has been hard for me, is that SOOOOOOO PRECIOUS is EVERY SOUL TO GOD. One of the APs said kanina that our calling as missionaries is more special than a king or queen on earth. We get to assist in serving others like Christ did and bring them to the everlasting gospel. EVERY MINUTE on a mission is more precious to me than anything the world can buy. I seriously love people so much -- investigator, member, and missionary -- and it's been such a blessing to have them in my life. Talagang sobrang pinagpala ako na naassign ako sa Pilipinas. Ang kahalagaan ng bawat na kaluluwa ay dakila sa mata ng Dios.

Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!! I love you all so much and your support means so much to me. 

Sister Porter



Doctrine and Covenants 18 

10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.
12 And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
13 And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!
14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment