Wednesday, July 12, 2017

When all you have is hope...

Kumusta sa aking pamilya????

Well, it's definitely been a different week. The sisters sang to all the missionaries going home and I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends on the mission, Sister Condie. She helped me to adjust when I first got to the field and always knew how to make me laugh. The good thing is that I can hang out with her as much as I want when I get home because she goes to UVU:) You just learn to love all your companions and roommates on the mission to death because we are all here for each other. 

If there's anything I've learned in the past few weeks, it's how to take care of others and absolutely love others no matter what. That's not meant to be self-exalting but just a wonderful opportunity to serve others and love them. It's what I want to commit myself to doing for the rest of my life-- caring for others. Going outside of yourself and your own wants or fears and just being outgoing and loving and trying to understand the background of others. It's made me just absolutely love my companions no matter what. And I know that is how the Savior sees others on an infinitely more loving scale that I can't even comprehend-- love is seriously limitless.

I can only imagine what it must have been like to watch Jesus going amongst the people and healing the sick, listening and caring for the lonely, and showing such incredible and perfect love to the people around Him. I can't even describe how incredible and overwhelming the Spirit must have been to those who were in tune with it. On the outside there was no beauty or comeliness to be desired, but those who saw this man with the eyes of faith could feel the peace of love to know that this man was truly the Son of God, our Savior, our Redeemer, our Jehovah who went to infinite lengths beyond the understanding and capacity of the mortal mind to save us and rescue us and show us the true meaning of love, compassion, and sacrifice. 

So just so you all know, I actually have been in the hospital for the past week taking care of my new companion, Sister Johnson. She's Australian and super bubbly and spunky, and I love her and have loved getting the chance to know her. But she's been in a lot of pain for the past 3 weeks, and doctors have no idea what's going on with her. It's been so frustrating to see her in pain. So here we are, still in the hospital. President Bangal is so worried about her and so we are doing an emergency transfer to put her in Lingsat with us so she's near the hospital. But she won't been able to work for a while and the sisters are traveling for the musical devotional, so they're companions now. Haha I think I've gone through more companions in a month than most people do in 6 months haha.

This scripture is keeping me going: Ether 12:4--

"Wherefore, whosoever believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led forth to glorify God."

There's not much I can do in a hospital room, but now I just have to trust that someday I will be able to work hard and I will accomplish what I am seriously desperate for -- to bring souls unto Christ and be the missionary I want to be. 

Hope you all had a great fourth of July! Love you all! Thank you for the prayers, the emails, and all the thoughts you send our way! Prayers for Sister Johnson would be so appreciated!

Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment