Monday, December 11, 2017

Good morning po!

This week was a little crazy as far as the schedule goes, but miracles still happened and it was a privilege to see it.

I got the best birthday present in the whole wide world last Tuesday. We went to Brother Wally and had a simple lesson about serving in the Lord's kingdom and that the Lord calls you to serve. We then extended him the opportunity to baptize Brother Zaldy on Saturday. Not only did he accept it, but even though he is a super sweet and shy young man, he wasn't even nervous! He was so excited to serve! He practiced that whole week and memorized what he had to say, then he sacrificed his work to come to the baptism. He performed the baptism perfectly with such faith and purity that I was completely overwhelmed with joy that I jumped up and down like a little kid. He got in trouble with his boss later for sacrificing his time to come, but this young man is so blessed and will become a wonderful member of the church. I've never felt so much Christlike love. The thing is we didn't do anything -- his conversion was just him, the Spirit, and a supportive family of his girlfriend. We just got to witness the change as he accepted Jesus Christ in his life. I just got a front row seat. That's all.

Christmas Conference was nice because I remembered my passion for sports. Volleyball and all the other sports are truly one of the deepest passions I have.

I'm so proud that we found some great new investigators and are trying to talk to as many people as we can and give them the gift of the Book of Mormon. Many of the people we met have become great investigators and are soon to become so. One is an old man named Arnold that is searching for something missing in the life of his wonderful family. Another is a family of 5 -- the Estebillo family -- to whom we taught the Restoration and touched the hearts of the father and the oldest son. We aren't perfect teachers -- I know that -- but they started reading the Book of Mormon and are now truly investigating the truth of our message. Because of their true intent, I have 100% faith that they will find it. I don't know if I'll get to see them baptized but I know they will.


Sister Porter




No comments:

Post a Comment