Friday, June 1, 2018

Working in Lingsat


This week was a good week. I learned a lot, and I am happy in Lingsat. I am so grateful for the wonderful investigators here and for my wonderful companions. I feel like I have something to contribute here.

I really appreciate what we learned in zone conference. When I think about it it makes me feel like we truly are in the most important adventure story-- we are fighting the battle of good and evil. As messengers of Jesus Christ, we are the only hope for the world to prevent it from its own self-destruction. Truly only the gospel can fix family problems and make them ready to be together for all eternity. Only the gospel can bring hope in the darkest of times, even in death. Only the gospel can change the life of people -- even if they are the vilest of sinners. Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring peace in a world of turmoil, war, and confusion. Satan is so very real; he will do anything to stop this work. He is the dirtiest and vilest of all enemies and all villains. But with Christ we can overcome all.  

Some of them, I am 100% certain, are KC and Jarwin. I love them so very much-- they are so very dear to my heart. They accepted the Restoration this week. We all were overwhelmed with the Spirit when they accepted that they had received an answer that this church was true. The room was filled with an indescribable feeling. Sister Tanon testified to them that they were so special to their Heavenly Father and that He heard the prayer of their baby who died that they needed to accept the gospel so that they could be together forever. We want them to be  baptized this month. So... we are trying to organize a marriage. 

The Gallego family is great too. Brother Gallego is making  great progress! They still need to go to classes and get married, but he is ready to be baptized. So that's marriage number 2 that we need to organize, hopefully this month too because Brother Gallego has accepted the gospel and needs to be baptized now to be able to receive the blessings that Heavenly Father has for him.

Sister Vergara and Sister Maricel were baptized this Friday and it was such a wonderful faith-building experience.  They both have strong testimonies that the Church is true. They are both so sensitive to the Spirit and felt that confirming witness. We are sure that someday Sister Maricel will be an instrument for her family and someday go on a mission. She worked with us on Sunday and shared the gospel. Sister Vergara is becoming an instrument for her family to accept the gospel. Her father and her husband especially right now are going to church and want to be baptized, so we are working with them and going to help them with the commandments that they need to keep to be baptized. 

We are exploring our new area and it's been a little bit of a rough start trying to find houses of less-active members, but we have found some less-active members to help. It was a blessing for me to be able to help my old focus- less active member, Tatay Lubiano, to come back to church. He has such a humble and strong testimony and we are excited about the progress he is making; we are hoping to teach his family that I used to teach last year.

I have been really studying about faith this week -- in more depth than I ever have had in my whole life. I am starting to understand that faith in the Savior is a firm belief that he is our Savior and Redeemer and the Only Begotton of the Father. Because of that belief we have a desire to obey Him, to trust Him, and to learn about Him, and to repent and change-- even though we don't have a perfect knowledge or can see how everything will work out. Because God is perfect we can put 100% trust in Him -- and that faith leads to miracles. That faith leads to salvation and can heal us. I have been studying all the stories in the New Testament and the Book of Mormon where the Savior healed people because of their faith -- what kind of faith we need to show.

I have a desire to share this gospel forever. I know that I'm not perfect, and I know that I get hungry or tired; sometimes I don't always know what to do or how to do something. But I desire to learn and grow and there is nothing more rewarding than being a instrument in the hands of God to bring someone to taste of the eternal joy that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are fighting for eternal life. I love to show love to others -- there is no better feeling than loving someone with all your heart and wanting to help them. I know that's only a taste of what Jesus Christ feels for us.

Sister Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment