Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Halfway Through the MTC!!

Kumusta Friends and Family?!?!


Halfway through the MTC!!! Seriously, I can't believe I will be going to the Philippines in 3 weeks!!!! Honestly it's a little nerve racking but I know God prepares a way for us to accomplish what He has commanded us! I just have to work my hardest and trust that if I work hard God will help me become who I need to be for the Filipinos! 

So half my zone left yesterday for the Philippines and we got a ton of new missionaries, so that means we are the "senior" missionaries in our zone. My companions and I were called as Sister Training Leaders! Which means I get to train all the new sisters in our zone! It's funny because I have only been here three weeks but my job as a leader is to love my girls and be an example. I already love them -- they're all super cute.

Sooo.... This is for my Dad, any BYU basketball fans out there... and for anyone who came to my farewell talk. Remember how I talked about how my basketball hero Tyler Haws served in the Philippines? So my branch president was actually the mission president of the Quezon City mission while Elder Haws was there.... and he was such an incredible missionary that he became an AP. President DeLaMare is my branch president, and he had Tyler promise not to tell the Filipinos he was a college basketball star, and he promised to keep it secret. For 20 months he did that, until he was asked to show his Mormon Message video about hard work and sacrificing for a mission at devotionals for THOUSANDS of Filipino Youth across the Philippines. He became a legendary missionary in the Quezon City mission. He is still my hero, and reminds me of what President Thomas S. Monson said: "It is in the doing that we accomplish our goals." SO SO COOL. Tyler is still my hero haha.

Learning Tagalog is a lot of fun.. kinda hard right now without being immersed in it but it won't be long until I will be! There's a lot of conjugations, and no such thing as linking verbs in Tagalog -- like am, is, was, were.....

Tagalog Sentence of the Week (This one makes me laugh):
Bababa ba? (Are you going to go down/get out of the car?)

Spiritual Thought:
Our devotional on Sunday: 
"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

God loves all of His children so so much and cares about everything they care about. More than anything else he wants us to be happy. Moses 1:39 -- "For this is my work and my glory: to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I am so very privileged to help him in that work and help others find happiness in their lives through our Savior. God is already working in the lives of everyone who wants to find the truth. We are children of God, with a divine destiny and purpose. 

Mahal kita!

Sister Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment