Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Second Week in the MTC!!

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the pictures!!! And the DearElder.com letters make my week because I don't have to wait until P-day to read them! Sorry my photos from last week didn't go through... I will try to figure that out....

I absolutely love the MTC! Not everything is easy and we literally are up and working from 6:30 to 10:30 but I love being busy! And my companions are so supportive of my running time haha. I am competing for the mile record with a girl that is trying to make the Utah State team next year. She just beat my record so I'm going to have to catch up haha. My companions are the sweetest and I can't wait to show you photos! And our zone and district are just hilarious and make my day so much better with people to laugh at. 

But the best part of the MTC is that you feel the Spirit here constantly. I really do believe that God called us as His missionaries, even though we are young and don't know everything and don't have a ton of life experience. But we do have faith that with God we can do anything. My teachers are saying that my Tagalog has improved SO MUCH in just two weeks! We teach people almost everyday completely in Tagalog. 

Tagalog words of the week:
Pananampalataya = faith
Nakakapagpabagabag = to cause anxiety 

Spiritual thought:
The MTC devotionals are THE best. One of the members of the Presiding Bishopric: Elder Waddell, taught us the secret to being the best missionary. The secret is being outward-looking. Everything we do is for other people. EVERYTHING. Jesus Christ was the first outward-looking missionary when he volunteered to be our Savior. If we are obedient to God, serve others before ourselves in our jobs and work, seek the Holy Ghost, rely on Christ in everything, and work as hard as we can, even though we are not perfect, God can help us do MIRACLES! Seriously. He can help us develop our talents, accomplish amazing things and serve His children on earth. I know I will learn this language through his help and be able to teach others about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Philippines is going to be the best! Just gotta stick the MTC out until February 22nd!!

I've absolutely loved everyone's emails! I love you all!!!!!!!

Ingat!

Sister Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment