Tuesday, September 26, 2017

AAAAAAHHHH MALILIPAT NA AKO!!!!!

Soooo...
I was really surprised last night (at 10:15 at night mind you) that I'm going to transfer this week! I am so grateful for everything that I have learned here in Lingsat. I didn't know when I gave a talk in Lingsat ward yesterday that it was going to be for the last time. Honestly in this area I think I have grown the most in my entire mission. From the kindness of my companions, to learning to teach and serve others and not be afraid to be bold, confident, and loving as a representative of Jesus Christ. I also am aware of all my weaknesses and perfections and sometimes I feel like Nephi in 2 Nephi chapter 4. But I am humbled and know that I will need to completely rely on the Lord my next transfer as I know that my skills are inadequate to train a new sister. I know that she is going to need so much love, compassion, loving correction, understanding, and teaching to make a transition into the mission field and set the tone for the rest of her mission. I will work my very hardest and not be shy. I will show her love and we will learn together the fundamentals of missionary work as equal companions.  We will fast and pray for our new area. We will be bold in extending baptismal invitations and we will teach the doctrine of Christ. We will focus on the Book of Mormon constantly. We will be happy and work.

This week was a miracle week. Radcliffe Abat is going to be baptized this Saturday!!! He came up to us yesterday and told us that he felt ready to make the step the following Sunday. He received great fellowship of Brother Mike this week. He is taking such a great step of courage for his family which is going to bless the eternal salvation of his entire family. What courage to take that step when his family hasn't yet! He is going to be a great leader and blessing to his family. The Lord had His timing for Him, and I couldn't be more grateful to see his progression and faith. I know that his family will follow his example. The Spirit of God truly testifies of the truth of this church and the Restoration. You can't help but feel it at church, and I especially felt it this week at Andrea Apigo's baptism. She is such a strong convert to the church and has stuck with it even though the hardest trials have come on her ever since she decided to investigate two months ago. She will be the means of bringing other youth into the church too. Miracles are occurring in Lingsat! I am seeing it especially in the youth. Almost all of our progressing investigators are between ages 18 and 28. They are so prepared to hear the gospel. Chris Loren, the partner of the less active Lubiano family, believes even though he admits he doesn't have a perfect knowledge. He works so hard for his family and truly has the Spirit moving upon him to know the truth about the Savior. It's incredible to see his faith and humility. 
Brother Lubiano is slowly getting reactivated. He's good friends with Brother Ciasiko and Brother Padilla. Hopefully that will help all three of them be more regular in church. Brother Lubiano has such great faith and knowledge of the gospel. He's been a wonderful support to Brother Chris and a great example. Hopefully they will continue to feel the love and support of the ward.

I'm so grateful to have had the blessing to work with Sister Daban and her love, understanding, and support to all the investigators. Miracles have happened this transfer. I know it will shape the rest of my mission and I hope there will be some souls that will come to Christ through conversion that I will see. I'm excited for the next part of my journey. I know that things are never easy, but I will do my best and just love others. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth and His work is truly going forward and cannot be stopped or halted. I will labor and the Lord will help us find people to harvest.


Sister Porter


No comments:

Post a Comment