Monday, September 11, 2017

Manininiwala ako

Marami akong natututunan this week. We focused a lot on finding new investigators to teach that might help this work get moving faster. In faith that the field is truly white already to harvest. But we quickly found out that it's not always that easy to reap, even if a person is ready to receive the gospel. Like Joseph Smith when he was seized upon by that dark unseen power before he witnessed the first vision, I think the same thing happens to missionaries trying to help investigators and investigators ready to receive the gospel. Hard times come before miracles do. We found investigators these past two weeks, and our goal is to strengthen them with the good word of God in order for them to fight against Satan's attempts to keep them from listening to us.

We found a women named Crizelda who was super sweet and wanted to listen and even accepted a date, but her husband was angry that she listened to us. Lester Manzano is a 20 year old who reminds us of Joseph Smith. He reads and goes to different churches to find out the truth. He felt something strong our first meeting and planned on going to church, but he kind of disappeared this week and we haven't been able to get a hold of him. We know that he has a little bit of difficult family circumstances, but we will definitely not give up. And Chris Llorien is a super receptive young man who lives with a less active family we teach, the Lubianos. I think he is one of the most humble investigator I have ever had on my entire mission. When he read the doctrine of Christ on the first meeting, he was so touched and told us we had better come back at least two times a week. When we taught him about living prophets, he listened so intently and told us that even though he didn't perfectly understand or know for himself, that he will believe that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. What amazing faith! He is truly edifying my own understanding of what faith is. He is willing to leave his old ways behind and start new ones; he told us all the things he would do before we even got to teaching the commandments! He's coming to the FHE at the mission home later tonight.

Something I'm learning is that if we have the desire to repent and change and do our best, Christ will empower us to overcome all things. If we have the faith, it will come. Sometimes we really have to trust in the Lord's timing that it is better than ours and that every weakness we have and all that we are experiencing will turn out for our good if we trust him and move forward and not look to the past. Looking forward with faith in Christ. I know that will help our investigators face every obstacle they will face on the road to baptism and then to the temple and eternal salvation. It certainly counts for my companion and I as well. We are flawed and we are constantly going to be refined through the Atonement, if we have that desire. We have to want spiritual blessings and realize that what the world gives is only temporary pleasure that is tempting but doesn't last. I know that I'm not perfect and I definitely make mistakes. I know I was really bold with an investigator the other day and other times I don't say or do the right thing. But I truly am striving to be better every day and overcome weakness; I love what Elder Cornish said in last general conference that we can compare ourselves with you we are now versus before and see the change. I am definitely seeing change in my life that I'm definitely more devoted to the Savior and His gospel and I know that if I continue to do these things especially reading the Book of Mormon, being faithful in my calling and serving others, and praying, I will never fall away. I sometimes get discouraged that I am not doing enough, and that is something I still fight every day.

The Abat family needs prayers, but our focus with them from now on is the power of the Book of Mormon. I know it is the converting tool whereby the Holy Ghost can testify that this is the one true church of Jesus Christ, that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that through the prophet Joseph Smith the church and the power of God was RESTORED on the earth.

Photos:
P-day -- we went to the Ma-cho temple and got to explore a little. So beautiful. Basically I just love Asia and the culture with all my heart

We treated ourselves to a little brownie place on P-day just because I haven't had a brownie in I have no idea how long.

I have the cutest companion.


And we have a very special member named Faith who loves the missionaries and we love her too. She celebrates her 27th birthday today!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment