Monday, September 18, 2017

September!!

This week was a pretty normal week. We are learning and trying to overcome every day. I know that there is so much to learn and time flies so fast every week. I just wish with all my heart that I could do everything for the mission. However, I just keep realizing my weaknesses -- kung gaano akong kahina talaga -- and I have this vision of what kind of missionary I want to be and I've never prayed more in my life than I have here. I cling to the hope that the Savior will help me overcome them -- I want to be the most hard-working, charitable, efficient, faithful, fearless, social, obedient missionary possible. I want to look back without any regret that many things were done because of my work.

This week we visited the Sanidad family and they are doing great. Cheryl Sanidad is becoming more and more active every week, getting involved in Relief Society and getting her kids to primary. It's a miracle done through the faith and diligence of the ward -- a true miracle happening slowly and surely in the Lord's time. It's solid proof that no matter what, God's love for us is infinite and unceasing and there is ALWAYS a way to come back to Him. Miracles are possible through Him. Brother Eddie Lubiano is making a huge comeback too. He's so diligent in his scripture study and church attendance now. He, and Sally his daughter, and Chris her partner, all came to the mission home for FHE and had a great time. It was so good for them to see the friendliness and love of the church members. Chris is so receptive to the missionary lessons. He has the blessing of the Spirit to believe on the words of God's servants. He always says, "I don't know everything for sure, but I believe and will do what you ask." He does have a hard time attending church because he is always on call and he is a truck driver that drives pigs all over Luzon. Lester Manzano is our other main investigator. He prayed so hard this week that he could see Thomas S Monson in person. It was a sweet and tender moment and I couldn't helping smiling so hard during his prayer. He referred his classmate and kapitbahay so hopefully we will get to teach them this week.

Something I realized this week is that God does soooo much for us every day that we don't recognize. He literally takes care of us every single day and when we are sad and don't recognize how much He does for us, He is sad too. Counting blessings really is so important. Even when we are discouraged. For me personally, it's been difficult to not have a baptism. I've wondered why and if I'm truly not doing enough. It's constantly on my mind and sometimes stresses me out. All I want is to be the best missionary I can be and love the people. Something I want to do every day is to pray for charity and strength to accomplish everything that God has in store for me!

Cultural Notes: Tag-Pasko na!!!! It's Christmas season in the Philippines! We start in September here I love it. Christmas music all over town and our investigators are putting up Christmas trees! It's the best! Basically this is the best country in the world.

I feel like I'm more Filipina than Americana by nature. Filipinas are so shy and don't like attention or compliments. They just love good close friends and family -- that's what matters to them most.

Picture 1: We have the cutest kids that come to church every week and love primary. Asia and Alex. We hope someday that they will all come to church as a family so they can be one big happy family together for all eternity!


Picture 2: When you find the most Golden investigator -- seriously in just a few short weeks she would be ready to be baptized -- and then she has to move to Davao! We were so sad -- but of course we are referring them to missionaries there. We just wish we could be there for our sweet sister Riya -- a truly elect lady prepared by God to find His church

No comments:

Post a Comment